CyanogenMod 7.2: alternative firmware release
After 9 months of development saw the release of an alternative assembly platform Android - CyanogenMod 7.2, developed by the independent community. CyanogenMod 7.2 release is based on open code base Android 2.3.x Gingerbread bekportirovaniem with some of the features of the branches of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. In parallel, a branch develops CyanogenMod 9, entirely based on the Android 4 and recently passed on to the stage of freezing before the release. Compared to the original firmware on Android CyanogenMod assembly contains a number of useful for enthusiasts and developers of improvements.
In the current state of the build supports 72 different device models. For each description step by step guide to replace the standard firmware on CyanogenMod, to simplify the installation prepared a special application ROM Manager, included with CyanogenMod. Download the firmware for your phone model and an additional package to integrate with Google services can be on this page.
Compared with the previous version added support for a stable of 24 new devices, including:
- Samsung Galaxy Ace, Mini and Epic;
- LGE Optimus Black, 3D, Hub, Pro, Sol and the One;
- Motorola Atrix;
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Live, Pro, and Active;
- Huawei U8150;
- Other new devices based on OMAP3/OMAP4.
- A complete selection of music programs to support the codec FLAC and the ability to use the equalizer;
- Improved support for hardware devices, for example, possible to link with other devices via USB and Bluetooth, adds support for Bluetooth HID and Ad-Hoc wifi, integrated with additional patches optimizing processor ARM. For some devices, there is support for USB host;
- Availability of standard tools in the basic delivery. For example, the kit includes BusyBox, rsync, htop, nano, powertop, bash, etc. To control the execution of privileged actions using a special access manager that allows you to enable or disable the receipt of root-rights for a specific application;
- Additional configuration section with the parameters tuning performance, user interface, audio subsystems and input methods;
- Spare Parts - a set of utility functions for controlling the use of batteries, tracking resource consumption, energy consumption evaluation of individual applications, setting animation effects and other parameters of the interface;
- Support for OpenVPN;
- In addition, the package comes with a selection of applications to work with services Google: Maps, Market, Gmail, Talk, and YouTube;
- As an interface for launching applications involved ADWLauncher;
- The function to execute a screen actions through gestures that may be imposed even when the screen lock. Setting output additional information to the screen saver to lock the screen;
- Support for private browser navigation mode, which is not preserved the history of visits and no data is deposited in the cache;
- Apps2SD function to transfer applications from internal memory to SD-card and vice versa;
- Support for connecting visual themes. Ability to change the registration status of the notification area, and;
- Integration of firewall Phone Goggles, which allows the commission to allow phone calls and sending SMS only the specified applications, protecting themselves from malicious activity;
- Supports "Tethering" via Bluetooth and USB. Tethering mode allows you to organize the output for external devices to the network via the phone, and the connection appears as a virtual Ethernet;
- Support the use of masks (eg, "*") in completing the black list of phone numbers.
From added to CyanogenMod 7.2 changes include:
- Of the four branches of Android telephony stack ported to improve and support of new effects such as rotation and introducing distortions in the resulting image from the camera;
- New design for locking the screen saver;
- The new system of advanced search in the list of contacts and support for the predictive (T9) a set of numbers;
- Support external GPS-sticks with the interface Bluetooth;
- Improved support for mouse and keyboard through the USB-port;
- Support for Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) Bluetooth profiles and improved remote control audio and video devices (AVRCP);
- The ability to use debugging tools ADB on the network, not only via USB-port;
- The solution of various problems with WiFi;
- Troubleshoot problems that manifest themselves during storage of ringtones on the SD-card;
- Improved system of reminders in the calendar-planner;
- Support for setting the icon battery indicator in the notification area;
- For devices Samsung Galaxy S adds support for TV-out;
- For devices LG Optimus 2X (p990) adds support for FM Radio and HDMI-output 1080p.
In addition, we note that CyanogenMod 7.2 is the latest release for the group of devices, such as the Nexus S, which do not have sufficient system resources to operate the Android 4. However, after CyanogenMod 9, the development branch 7.x will not be discontinued, upgrade to the elimination of errors for the phones which support is discontinued will be released in the future.